Vanilla cupcakes. Simple, sweet and just plain good! I adapted this recipe from allrecipes tweeking it a bit as suggested by the reviewers and to my liking. Can you believe that I actually ran out of butter?! Horrifying. I used the next best thing that I had in the house; I can't believe it's not butter. Ha! The result was a cake that had a medium density, tender crumb, good flavour and that wasn't coyingly sweet. It tasted like a really yummy sugar cookie, which defiantly satisfied my craving for something sweet!
A single egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Yummy vanilla beans that make yummy extract
Flour, milk, flour, milk, flour
The batter should look something like this
There's just something about hand mixing that I find really therapeutic!
Get out some super cute cupcake liners - I was feeling circus-y...
...as well as some seasonal sprinkles and the cutest animal you have.
Share some sprinkle-y goodness with them!
After the bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, cool, frost and decorate them.
I'm practicing my frosting swirls :)
Gobbled up in 10 seconds, not even gunna lie.
I love the design. I wish bought more of them!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup
butterI can't believe it's not butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with (cute) paper liners.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and
butterI can't believe it's not butter. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add a third of the flour to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Pour in half the milk, mix. Repeat this ending with the flour, ensuring that the batter is smooth.
- Divide into 6 cupcake liners, filling about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool on a rack then frost and decorate!