Another lazy girl dinner and this time around I made un-barbeque pork back ribs. As I am still grill-less, these were cooked in the mini oven for about an hour. Ribs cooked fast and at a high temperature? YES! No steaming or boiling is involved either. DOUBLE YES!!
Now, be warned these steps include a lot of time.
A lot of time to watch tv, do your nails, play with your cat and curl your lashes, that is!
- Rinse ribs, pat dry and score the back (membrane) in a crisscross pattern 1 inch apart.
- Cut each rib, separating them.
- Get out your favourite BBQ rub (or make one as I did by throwing spices and sugar together) and to go town!
- Let marinate for about 20 minutes and preheat oven to 425F convection or 450F regular. I painted my nails and watched the news.
- Place the individual ribs on a rack, on top of a foil lined baking pan. Add about 1/2 an inch of water to the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, brush with BBQ sauce, bake another 15 minutes making sure nothing is burning.